Saturday, May 16, 2009

1920 - 2009

My grandmother, Lois Ardell Mitchell-Norris passed away on tuesday, May 12th. She lived to be 96 years old. On friday, May 15th, my sister DeAnn and myself were able to preform one last act of service to our grandmother. We helped to dress her for her burial. It was an awesome experience that I'll never forget. My Uncle, Robin shared some stories of our grandmother. I learned some new things about her that I didn't know before. I now know where I got my basketball skills from. My cousin Sharon and her husband sang a song called "Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing". My cousin has a beautiful singing voice. Visit her website here.
(Brother Darin, Cousin Sharon, Sisters DeAnn & Shana, Myself and brother Scott)
The last time we saw our cousin was in 1980. It was good to see her again and play catch up.
My 2 brothers, Scott and Darin, brother-in-law John and 3 nephews Jordan, Ivan and Bradyn carried the casket.


My grandmother may be gone, but she'll never be forgotten.
Love you Grandma



No comments: